Friday, 8 November 2013

Holivan progress

Hello!  Happy Friday!  I have been making hay, as I do, it was a short window yesterday it just seems to be very rainy of late!  Is anybody else still working on their little caravan? Or have they been put to bed for the winter?  I Love to work outside, even in the winter... being wrapped up in lots of layers makes a change from the central heating!  And a little bit of vitamin D thrown in for good measure!

So, here we have the latest on my two lovelies!  Firstly Holly!



She was very mucky and had lots of spiders!


I am thinking I may not paint the doors as they have cleaned up really nice!  I have also been playing with lights too!  I found a couple of old light fittings at an auction room and set about recovering some little shades I had.  I have been looking to do this for a long time, just never gotten around to it, I will be doing it again and some for my home too!  Its a little tricky but something nice to do when watching TV of an evening!











Quite happy with the colour!  I even mixed it myself!  Thankfully it dries quickly, just after this photo was taken the sky went black!

I shall begin sewing today, I cannot do too much more inside Holly until DB puts the front wall back for me this weekend!

Now then what about my love the Globetrotter?  I haven't decided on a name for her yet, or even if she is a she?  There is no rush as it will be some time before we can use her... well you see it rains in from the roof!






Not sure if you can tell from the last photo but there is actually a puddle on the bench!

Our lovely curvy caravan needs stripping right back to basics! We will be taking all the furniture out first so that we can replace all the walls and ceiling!  No simple task as the odd bit of the frame needs replacing too but hey! We can do it!  Thankfully the joining strips on the roof are coming off very easily, we will reseal her when we can, in the meantime she lives under a cover!  I can't wait to get stuck in, crazy lady.

Have a nice weekend
Much love
Sharon xxx

12 comments:

  1. love your little van, and can't wait to see how you upcycle those lights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Schofield9 November 2013 00:43

    Love the new colour on the van, its yummy! The little lights are gorgeous too. Can't wait to see her when she's all done up. Gives me hope for my Poppy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Sarah, Poppy! I like that name, my friend has not long had her little girl and her name is Poppy! Good luck, if you work hard over winter you could be using her in the spring! :) x

      Delete
  3. I look forward to seeing the completed ladies! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kezzie, that Dalek costume was amazing! xx

      Delete
  4. Hiya I really admire your work Amazin! I'm interested in refurbishing a retro caravan to be used to be a mobile massage therapist. Have no idea where to begin! Do you do refurbs for people? I have lots of ideas of what I want but not the talent to do it x

    ReplyDelete
  5. cant wait to see her finished, love the lampshades..xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Have just found your site - wonderful! Am trying to buy a caravan to do up, your site is real inspiration. I may be contacting you to pick your brains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi
    Tried to comment yesterday but didn't work. Don't know why. I've just found your site and bookmarked it! Wonderful inspiration. I am thinking of doing a van myself. I've been looking around for a suitable candidate. May well be picking your brain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Keep trying to comment but I don't seem to be able to sign in to Wordpress correctly! Have just found and bookmarked your site, real inspiration. I'm hoping to do my own van and am in the process of purchasing a suitable candidate. May well want to pick your brains!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be able to comment but at the moment it won't work. Love the site. Real inspiration. Hoping to do one of my own and see more of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. well! Some time ago I am thinking of doing a van myself after a few I'm able to do this task. Now I have a small company in the UK. I have lots of ideas of what I want and i wait the opportunists to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Hiya would love to hear what you have to say It will make my day ! xx