Thursday, 24 January 2013

Sally the Sprite?

Hello and a good day to you!  I would like to introduce you all to my latest old girl! 



Good job we go her home on Sunday as by Monday morning the snow came!
 I need to do a little more digging to find out her age etc, but my guesstimate is that she is a late 1970's CI Sprite and I think her model is a Musketeer!  I guess this as I have owned a very similar model only she was older and had all her bits and pieces intact!  This poor old girl has had much of her interior removed as she was being used as extra accommodation.  Well we will soon sort that out for you old girl and actually it saves me some time not having to do a lot of ripping out of the bad stuff!

I was beginning to get a little down not having something to work on (sad face)  I like to be busy and as you know I love what I do (yes yes Sharon shut up we have heard it all before) sorry, moving on, ta da!  I was once again back to my good old giddy kipper self when she arrived.

I do plan to give her a new coat as I am not a fan of the orange one!  Now for her insides.... which is not a sight for the faint hearted so look away now if you are so.  She had been what I can only describe as a "bachelor pad"?  I will leave it to you to draw your own conclusions.


The above is of the front end which was being used as a permanent bed.


This view is obviously the door and where the heater is on the door is where originally there would have been a sink and fridge  the "kitchen" if you like.  Opposite the "kitchen" area is the wardrobe below...


A very Black wardrobe indeed!  Just to the left you can see the wheel arch, this is where the "bathroom" would be (or the place you put a porta poti really)  To the right is the remains of what would have been the rear seating area which only half of it remains.




 So, there you have it!  There is much to do however I can report that she has brand new tyres  along with a new hitch, handbrake and jockey wheel!  I do believe she has been very well looked after by her former owners indeed!  I have a good feeling about Sally and I have big plans bursting my brain as usual!  I am hoping to buy her a Baby Belling (vintage of course) just need to check it will fit.  We have the fridge and sink sorted and Between Myself, Husband and Dad we shall be building in some cabinets and adding the loo room again.  Time to get busy guys and I want to say a big smiley THANK YOU to everybody who threw names at me, I am not 100 per cent certain she is Sally yet so watch this space!

See you soon with some "white" progress...
Love Sharon. xx

10 comments:

  1. How exciting....can't wait to see the transformation! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow- that is some set of "before" photos- you really have your work cut out with this one! But I am very much looking forward to seeing the "after" photos- I have no doubt it will be quite a transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow can't wait to see the finished project. I have looked at 3 older caravans today but not yet bought. I had a 80's Rapido folding caravan last summer and it was such fun redressing her,I caled her Kylie and dressed her seats in cream vinyl regards The Seamstress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sally, I have replied to your email! I love your work (had a sneaky little nosy)Sharon xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Sally, 1978 was the last year Sprite used glazed windows before moving over to double glazed plastic units. I had an Alpine from 1978 that was in the same colours and had the same cushions, so I'd guess that your Musketeer is about the same age.

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Neil

      Thank you for your kind info! I am am aware that "plastic windows" are an introduction of the "80's" They did love orange and brown in those days!
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  5. Oooh, I can't wait to see what you do with it!!! I popped over from Katie's post and can't wait to read more, off to follow! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kezzie!
      sorry for the late reply, I have been busy with my Mum of late so have been neglecting my blog! Glad you enjoy and thanks for the follow!
      Sharon xx

      Delete
  6. Thats truly inspiring. I have been trying to get myself one but money has been a problem since a long time now. Have to shared the completed pictures in the blog anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to seeing what you do with this one - that carpet and cupboard are particularly hideous. I've just bought a 1986 CI Sprite Alpine 4-berth, to do up as a 'green room' for our amateur film-making group. Ours has the plastic windows, kitchen still intact, home-made banquettes (not bad, actually) and a massive wardrobe that needs to come out. Currently thinking yellow walls and ceiling, yellow and green chintz fabrics, black banquettes, but still to-ing and fro-ing...

    ReplyDelete

Hiya would love to hear what you have to say It will make my day ! xx